Ph.D. , Professor
Department of Computer Science
(formerly at the School of Electrical
Engineering and Computer Science
at the University of Ottawa
Web page: click here)
- 2018: Best Student Paper Runner Up Award at the European Conference on Machine Learning (ECML’2018)
- 2016: Best Paper Award at the Canadian Artificial Intelligence Conference (Canadian AI'2016).
- 2015: Best Paper Award at the IEEE International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA'2015).
- 2014: Test of Time Award at the European Conference on Machine Learning (ECML'2014)
- 2012: Best Paper Award at the Canadian Artificial Intelligence Conference (Canadian AI'2012)
- 2008: Best Paper Award at the International Symposium on Methodologies for Intelligent Systems (ISMIS'2008).
Call for Papers:
Books and Edited Volumes:
- Advances in Artificial Intelligence: 22nd Canadian Conference on Artificial Intelligence, edited with Yong Gao, Springer (2009)
- Evaluating Learning Algorithms: A Classification Perspective , with Mohak Shah, Cambridge University Press (2011)
- Discovery Science: 18th International Conference, DS-2015, edited with Stan Matwin, Springer (2015)
- Big Data Analysis; New Algorithms for a New Society, edited with Jerzy Stefanowski, Springer (2016)
- Machine Learning, Volume 106, Issue 6: Special Issue on Discovery Science, edited with Stan Matwin (2017)
- Special Issue of IEEE Intelligent Systems: Data Mining for Cyber Security, edited with Yuval Elovici (2018)
· ISMIS’2018: 24th International Symposium on Methodologies for Intelligent Systems. edited with Michelangelo Ceci and Jiming Liu (2018)
Performance Evaluation for Learning Algorithms
The slides of the tutorial presentation given at Canadian AI 2016, May 31, 9:00am - 12:00pm, Victoria, BC are downloadable here (2.33 MB, 87 Slides)
Other versions of this tutorial were also delivered at ICMLA’2011, ICML’2012 and ECML’2013
My research interests are in the areas of Artificial Intelligence and, most specifically, Machine Learning, Data Mining and Big Data Analysis. My areas of applications are defense and security, including cybersecurity as well as medicine, environmental safety, and business applications. I collaborate with a variety of governmental agencies, public institutions and private industries including DRDC, Health Canada, Ottawa area hospitals, Ciena, Weather Telematics, Larus Technologies, and TechInsights.
For more detail about my work in Defense and Security, please visit the University of Ottawa Research on Machine Learning for Defense and Security webpage by clicking HERE
4400 Massachusetts Ave NW
Washington, DC 20016-8058Email: email@example.com